Wednesday 16 November 2011

MissJ

I met MissJ nearly a month ago. A chance meeting, on a canoe in the sea, in a country neither of us live in. And although I haven't known her for long - golly gosh, I love that chick.
I cannot imagine a time when I did not know this woman. Anyway, today we had this whatsapp chat (not just us but that's another blog for another time - nothing like keeping your readers on their toes to come back!) and it was just so gigglicious and funny and made me snort out loud on more than one occasion. It was also rather educational but I digress. I came away from that little group session with the most enormous smile on my face and a sense that MissJ is going to be a friend for life.
She's the gal you really wish you were, all curls (Is this a requirement if you want to be my friend? Is there a friends required site for Ali and only curly-locked people need apply?) and smiles and chat. She's the one in a crowded room who will make sure all the shy folk are up and dancing on the tables! I love that in a person.
She's also a straight talker (clearly another one requirement on the CV of my friends). I know that if we lived nearer, we'd be bouncing out of each others pockets.

So what made us 'click'? It wasn't just the holiday vibe or the ease in which facebook lets you keep connected. Because in truth I facebook friended two others from that holiday and have no real intentions of seeing them (in fact the one got my girl hackles in a spin... that 6th sense feeling). I do think it was fate. I do think there was a hand in the remarkable coincidences that kept us meeting up with her and her uber-lovely M. And that we gelled so well. I'll never be able to hear YMCA without wanting to break out into shapes that, in no way, resemble the letter 'Y', 'M', 'C' & 'A'.

People come in and out of your life all the time. The people you keep in it, are to enrich your own life and to help you grow. MissJ has joined the group of people that enrich me.

And wow! this sounds like a major love-fest and suck up. But sometimes you just need to tell people who they are in your life.

Also MissJ reminds me of my N - not just the curly hair (because that's obviously the No1 thing I look for in a friend) but the zest for living and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...