Wednesday 16 November 2011

Hair to nail polish

When I'm chatting on the phone, I find my hands get a bit lost and are bored. Now that I don't smoke, I have to find other ways to occupy them.

Last night, I was on the phone to *gosh it's hard to think of alias' for everyone* L2 when my little eye spied something beginning with N. The nails needed a touch up of Golden Twilight - which is sort of a black/purple nailpolish with flecks of gold in it.

While chattering away, I touched up the one hand, and then tried to do the other. But while I'm female and therefore, multi-tasking should come natural, last night I lost it a bit. I do feel shame and I am mortified and I shall repent at my leisure.

In my left shoulder I had the phone, I was talking and laughing (as we do), I was painting my left hand, when I got an itch on my hairline. Before I realised what I was doing, I had scratched my itch.

I did do a quick check, but this is the quick drying stuff.

Phone call finished, and off I trotted to bed. Woke up, had a shower, went to work. It was only after I had gone through security doors, said hello to several people, gone to the canteen and come back did someone tell me I had Golden Twilight (which isn't golden at all, very much an emphasis on the twilight) on my chin/jawbone.
That was cleaned up fairly quickly.

It wasn't until some 3 hours later when I realised I had Twilight Highlights as well. And black on blonde is not really such a hot look for me. It's not one I'll attempt again! Did not take a picture of the hair/face paint but here's a picture of the colour (sort of). It's a pretty crappy brand in that it always chips after one day of use. Just while I'm saying: Avon you suck a bit at nailpolish wear and tear.

1 comment:

  1. Nice colour but will give it a miss - sorry Avon - but your eye shadow stays on well.

    ReplyDelete

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...