Thursday 14 December 2023

yippee

 In a mere 3 weeks, I shall be getting ready to travel out of the UK. And it really does sound like I'm wishing my life away but I could not be more excited. I have done everything that's in my power to do for this trip - so now it's down to the external partners like rail and plane. 

For the longest time, I've been in hibernation. My get up to go, just wanted to stay in one place. The thought of an airport just didn't thrill me with excitement. And then I went to another office near Gatwick during the Summer and as I waited for my next train and saw all the folk with their suitcases, I felt that familiar pang and my feet wanted to wander. I didn't know where they wanted to go, just that they were ready for it. So I scoured the www and I kept putting it off. 

And then the opportunity presented itself. I took the bull by the horns and just booked it (with obvious consultations with parties involved) and voila! I'm flying West in three weeks. I've never gone West before, so that's so exciting. To see a new place. What strikes me is that yahoo! I feel 'me' again. I could hark to Covid and say maybe it did do a number on me, but not in the way you're thinking. It gave me the chance to put to rest all those crappy decisions I have made since Nhandi died, and get back to basic me. The one I started growing in India and then Pretoria. Losing Suzy was a shock to the system as well. But getting back into the festivals and seeing the London Crowd has all played a part in the fact, I'm ready to do things again. Because I'm ready and because I'm her again. 

So in three weeks, I shall be all packed and ready to make my way to an airport, to board a plane and to have coffee in another country. And it'll be weird but in the most fantastic way. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...