Sunday 19 November 2023

Housework

 I'm not a fan. I think if I had a system - tried and tested - I'd probably be better at it. I think if I didn't stop/start my day so much, I'd be more disciplined in it. And I think if it was more enjoyable, I'd like it more. It's always the getting started. Once I begin, I fly through it and won't stop until it's all lovely. For example, today I tackled the bathroom. All the stuffs, throwing out and refilling and cleaning etc. And then I got side tracked and fixed that shower curtain that's been bothering me and it's wonderful now. Next was the kitchen, and that's all sparkling. And then I had to go out. So I've come home and I'm less than enthused to hoover and do my bedding blah blah blah. But I must. However, I'm in a mood. So it's a quick whizz around with the hoover, not the job I had planned. And then the bedroom. 

Clean sheets are such a good thing. I have a method where I do the duvet cover inside out. I'm short, so I can climb right in. Because I hate nothing more than the ends not being in the right corners. It's a rush job so I'm going far too fast, I lean over for the other corner and feel myself tipping over. But it's okay because it's a big bed. I must have got turned around somehow for the next thing I know the tipping is not stopping and I can feel myself falling towards the floor. I stick out a foot, an arm, a head, I shriek and land unceremoniously on the floor - where there are no clothes for once to break my fall. Now I am stuck in the duvet. It's a king size, I am not king-sized (contrary to my mother's opinion). I can't find where to get out, I'm also loathe to let go of the corners because they're a bitch to find again. I scrabble to where I think the opening is, it's not there. I have visions of paramedics bashing down my door, but unable to find me as I'm scrunched up in a duvet cover. 

Anyway, it's done now, I feel like I've done a marathon (this is pure imagination as I have no idea what a marathon entails). I guess I'll appreciate it later. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...