Saturday 27 May 2017

Musicality

I read a meme about why we mourn when musical stars die. I can't remember how it went, but here is my take on it.

Essentially, they are there at the big moments of your life. Their lyrics speak to you in pivotal moments that you have growing up and beyond (when you think you are an adult).

First love? There's a song/band for that. First heartbreak? Again you can pin a song to it. Epic parties...again there's music.

I can't speak for all, but there's s definite soundtrack to my life. Songs that can bring a memory, a smell and even my clothes to mind.

Iko Iko - singing with Nhandi. Loudly and badly. Laughing at the playback of the recording so hard that we nearly puked.

Our House by Madness - my dad, mom and I doing the Cameron Drift tour.

Brother by Matt Corby - driving and crying when Peter passed away.

Counting Crows - Omaha for TB. Mr Jones for loud road trips with CG.

Tropical London - my ability to get lyrics so wrong and the road to Southend.

Down with the sickness - download festival 2016.

And that's just a small sample.

I used to fall asleep to a favourite mixed 'tape'.

I've always had music so it's no surprise I get sad when a musician is no longer. They've been part of the history of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...