Wednesday 13 April 2016

Social non-niceties

Social media. Is it the big Evil we think it is? Or are we our own worst enemies? 

Does it make a stalker out of the most chilled person? Why do we look into people's lives? I don't think I'd have the energy to peer through curtains all day long, yet feel nothing at looking at a strangers profile. Then seeing something I don't like and having an opinion on it. 

And I pretend my opinion is valid. But I'm nobody's keeper. People have their choices to make. They choose to spend their nights with whom they choose. Those other people then put their pictures on social media (you with me so far?). I then think I am entitled to an opinion. I'm not. Entitled that is. 

Rather I should harness that energy into other things. Harness it into wondering why things are made so public these days? Harness it into understanding the choices of people? And most importantly harness it into myself. 

Social media be damned, it's more about people and how they're the equivalent of the 50's housewife who had to have all the modcons to compete with the Jones'. I don't need to compete. The Jones' suck. I rock. Fore ah am a cat. 

Ps just another blog starting in half a direction and ending up in another. I miss a proper keyboard. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...