Thursday 14 April 2016

The art of the witty comeback.

 


I can be sarcastic, I can be a snotty cow. I can drop a one liner worthy of a jaw drop. 

But for the most part they stay in my head. My observations, my bitchy comments, they are internal. My filter is good. I hear a question, the sarky answer is said in my head and something innocuous comes out in its place. It works, life isn't a conflict, people remain happy and confrontations are avoided. 


But if I've been hurt or feel aggrieved, sometimes when drunk....the filter gives up on itself. The brain wants all to know that there's no wool over the eyes, that I'm more aware than I'm letting on and out comes what's in my head. 


Sometimes my brain has the wrong idea. Sometimes I listen to my gut instead and that filter is working fine. 




Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...