Sunday 3 April 2016

Of books

See I've done a lot of writing over the last week. Turns out tuning into my emotions is a good thing. However, writing like that isn't really going to get you a deal...unless of course you're Sylvia Plath or Adele. 
I had this conversation where I said, I probably wasn't good enough to write a book. I probably wasn't good enough for anything other than short pieces or prose. I believed it. 

Then on Monday night, during my no-sleep coffee epic, I wrote a whole ton of stuff and it was good. So on Tuesday I carried on for a few hours, same on Wednesday and Thursday- you get where I'm going with this? 
I have now done about 15 hours. And I am good enough. Even with my most critical eye. 
I might not be an actress, a singer, a player of instruments, a crafter or even a painter. But I am a writer. That's enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...