Sunday 29 November 2015

Oh child

I wish I could do more...what can I do? I don't believe that I can just sit in England knowing that there's a little girl hurting so much and I can't do a thing about it. If roles were reversed, what would she have done? 
I just want to give that child the biggest cuddle, tell her how special she is and let her be whoever the hell she wants to be. I'd let her cry, I'd let her shout and scream and be angry at all she's lost. I can empathise, I've raged and shouted and cried and wailed and I'm supposedly an adult woman. 

No one has beat me for doing all these things...

No one has forbid me from mourning. No one has punished me for it. 

So why do we expect children to adapt quickly and without scars? If someone woke me up tomorrow and in my parents place was a stranger and they said "hi, we're your parents now", I'd have questions, and be angry. Why do we expect a child to just accept that, without any fall out? 

I'm scared for that little girl and I'm scared I won't be able to do anything about it and I don't know where to begin.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...