Friday 11 September 2015

Alone, scared and tired.

It's a shame that TB won't be able to leave the house in future. But it's not on a whim that I make a remark that seems so draconian. It comes from necessity. 

We like having our windows open...not so much the doors....and fresh air is good. 

So spiders come in and various other beasties. 

However since TB has made this house his lair, two spiders have dared to cross the threshold. Compared to the thousands that used to march in, this makes me think they have heard the tales and are, quite rightly petrified. 

This analogy makes sense and I'll give you the proof. 

Yesterday I waved TB off as he boarded a train, waving my hanky, running after the locomotive, sobbing "until we meet again"- no not really. 
A pleasant day ensued. I relaxed, I chatted, I stuck my feet in some sand. It seemed like any other nice day of sunshine. It was the calm before the storm. It was lulling me into a safe place. Unfairly I think. 
Last night, I go to put myself to bed. MAHOOOSIVE spider on TB's side of the room. He looked at me as I walked in, wiggled a leg or two and gave me a sordid wink. He knew I was home alone, he had come to terrify me and maybe nibble at my soft flesh. He heard my protector was not here. 

So that's why I'm tired and sleepy and scared on this day. And why I say that maybe it should become law, TB never leaves the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...