Wednesday 10 September 2014

The Hunger Inside

Today I'd like to explore food....

It's mid afternoon and all of a sudden I'm STARVING! Then the realisation hits a person and you remember that you were counting on a yoghurt for breakfast, the canteen didn't have any and thus, all you've eaten is a bag of popcorn. I can add 4 cups of coffee to that mix.

But as I said, it's mid-afternoon, I can't eat now - that would ruin my evening supper. And there is only disgusting stuff on the trolley that travels through the office - a quiche that looks like it's been thrown to wild dogs before making it's way to this building. Wild dogs that might have sat on it, gnawed the sides, paw printed the insides and then thrown it up again. There was a few sandwiches that said chicken mayo and egg mayo but they were foul looking as opposed to fowl. I don't think anything remotely poultry or farm based has ever been near that sandwich masquerading as food.

So I shall raid my bag and find chocolate and hopefully that'll  help me through.

But what is for food later? Boiled eggs and soldiers? Pasta with lashings of garlic and chilli and stuff?

Rumbles of the stomach commence!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...