Friday 9 May 2014

Queries



I don’t pretend to have all the answers. Hell, I don’t even pretend to know what the questions are half the time.

And then you get asked a question out of the blue… would you ever get married?

I start to analyse myself. Do I say I’ve never thought about it, because it’s easier to say that, than the more honest: no one has ever been serious about wifeing me up? And maybe that’s why it’s something I’ve not really thought of. And it goes back to a previous blog where I’ve said that society or the people within our worlds, have this perception that life is all about a happy ever after, fairytale style. That you’ve not been a success unless you’ve done it all: travelling, working an amazing career, marriage and perfect kids. It’s taken me a while to work out that I’m NOT a failure because all those things haven’t featured in my life (yet) and that my happy ever is different to others.

So, would I ever get married? I guess I would – not the big fat fuss of those mahoosive white weddings…that’s never going to be me.

And as I type this, I realise the reason I don’t really know the answer, is because it’s not that big a deal. I’m okay with me, I’m actually damned more than okay with living how I want to live. I DO want to travel more, I DO want to write more, I do want to ENJOY more. That’s all in MY grasp to do. Do I need another person to do that? I guess not, but it would be nice to share the moments. I imagine that my head feels I’m too young for all this settling down shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...