Tuesday 13 August 2013

Is it home?

So we're in Cape Town and its like I've never left. I knew this would happen, hoped it would happen. Even CG,  who hasn't grown up here, feels like its home. The weather might be a bit yucky but it's not that bad. The people are amazing and smiley. The shops are full of yummo treats, the scenery is beyond stunning and the smells are the same. I am happy, I am content and I wish as always, I had never left. There was a part of me, the expat part that wanted it to be a bit too much so I could say 'this is not for me' but that's not happened. 
Yes I miss my people, but not anything else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...