Saturday 24 August 2013

It smells like it should

And I sit here in the sun and the sounds are different. I'm definitely in Africa. The birds sound different, the wind goes through the trees that bit differently. The smells are not the same as in England. And I'm happy. A different kind of happy to the uk.  Like I'm being me, I talk like me, I laugh like me. I know how to just be. As does my CG. He's done me proud. (As always it does have to be said)

Listening to w&s's parrot talk in a SA accent, so funny. Listening to my own voice talk in a SA accent, no stupid half accent like normal. Hoping I can be like the parrot and retain the chatter. 

And now it's the day of our big twenty year reunion and I'm finished, I'm "hundreds". I'm here. And the countdown is over and tomorrow I might be sad. But today/tonight I party with my old school friends and we remember what it was like to be 18 again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...