Sunday 14 October 2012

Winter

I think I'm finally accepting England is where I live, not where I am temporary. And I think... and here's the biggie.. that I'm getting used to cold weather. It's taken 17 winters but I'm looking out my kitchen window as the sun hits the frosty bits and thinking wow, it's pretty and not so bad. I'm not dreading the layers, the frozen toes and the blue hands/lips/knees. Of course, it's only October and I might feel differently come January, when I'll be bemoaning the cost of central heating, hating having to wear a thick hat and creating over 'hat' hair!
But for now, I'm loving getting all the warm jumpers out, cosy socks. Thinking my new boots might be helping this. They are gorgeous and were free. Well, I say free but really all I had to do for them was be ultra good at work and get shopping vouchers.
I don't want snow this year, a heavy frost is all that's on my wish list. Make it happen. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...