Sunday 2 October 2022

Two weeks of music and all the stuff

 While I'm in a writing mood. Let me tell you about my festivals this year. Oh what a great couple of weeks that was. 

I saw Pearl Jam twice in one week. I saw the Pixies which made my inner 16 year old SUPER happy. I cried when songs where played because: Suzy. And I realised Covid did me a injury with the spicy stuff - turns out chilli makes my lip swell to epic proportions, like I've had ALL the filler. Amusing now, very amusing at the time. 

We were blessed with fantastic weather, but not the first day where a mini-monsoon came to town. However, it will be one of my 'stuck in the brain' memories. Rag 'n Bone playing Anywhere away from Here with sheets of rain falling onto me, steam rising from the previously hot earth. It seemed like I was the only person in that field of thousands. Korn at Download was a similar experience. 

(just took a moment to look for it on Youtube - does not disappoint. Now I'm in a RW wormhole) 

Thankfully we had a lovely tent all set up and were able to go and get changed and dry. And I discovered new bands which is always an awesome experience. I've said it so many times but festivals in Europe are a millions levels above the UK festivals. Food is varied, you're not limited to beer/cider/warm wine but Martini's! I drunk myself silly on Bellinis - well it came with fruit. The people are friendly, not drunken savages. The toilets are clean - Reading do you read that - CLEAN! And I had a bloody amazing time. And a mere 4 days later, we gathered at Hyde Park for Pearl Jam/Pixies and again, the sun shone, I had people around me who have known me for forever and still love me. Life was so good. And you know, it should be awkward that I'm the token single person in a sea of couples. But I don't feel that. I just feel really grateful and thankful I have friendships that run into the decades and also that I have friendships that FEEL like they've run into the decades. 

I laughed so much over those two weeks, really laughed, really spoke, lived. And maybe I'm over sentimental. Maybe I'm appreciative because of who I've lost. And our childhood has lost some big characters this year already. 

How'da like them clichés? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...