Tuesday 14 November 2023

Welcome back

Oh hello, it's me again. I used to love this page, blogging away all my words. But life goes on and we never make the time for the things we really enjoy when work is all-consuming and the words don't want to come out. 


But sometimes it takes a moment to sit and chat with someone and then all the words start clamouring to enter the world. And you still have a doubt if you're any good with them. But you try and there's a kernel of inspiration sitting there. 

When I really sit and think about my childhood, I know without a shadow of a doubt that it was a good one. I never had to worry about some of the things my friends did. And the same goes for my teenager-hood. My biggest concerns were hoping I'd done enough to pass the year, which boy liked me and who my BFF's were. Recently I've been recalling the years I was 15/16 with someone and what sticks out is how those years define me. There's a wild patch of discovery and then there's a maturity when the drama gets far too much. And a step back. Almost a reinvention of the girl I was. And she was pretty cool. It's obviously not who I am now. 

I've written a lot about how travel and experiencing new things has changed me and it's how it's not an Eat Pray love trippy trip but how if you experience a new culture, you get a new perspective on life. If you live by yourself without the trappings of adulthood, you should come away with who you are and what you like. And I did that. I realised that there were things I was accepting of that were unacceptable and I needed to purge them from my life. I needed to grow as a person, I needed to be happy. It's taken me a minute. But I got there. 

To talk to someone that understands that is an immense - and I want to use this word - gift. That is all. I want to use my words more, exercise my brain and do the things I want to do. It's so nice to be able to write again. I'm so rusty but practice makes perfect. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...