Friday 10 July 2020

Rosebank and beyond

A year ago, I had a fabulous day/night/day. I didn’t know it, but I was quite ill with asthmatic bronchitis....I was feverish, but I thought that was more to do with the occasion. 

I started the day off with plench of the coffee, put myself on a train that went fast and got off the other side. Butterflies circling, but also immense calmness, because I just knew it was going to be such an epic 24 hour adventure. Cheeks high in colour - which I put down to glowing, but was actually a fever! 

There were so many double gins involved that a member of staff instructed that food be ordered. I felt assured in the conversations, confident in my statements, secured by an epic love that I have, that I’ll always have. There were no doubts, zero crap and minimal awkwardness. 

I got answers to so many questions that had been bubbling around my brain for most of my life. I was in the moment and that moment felt so damn good, so damn right. I cried like a loon and laughed until I ached. I had uncontrollable giggles and gained so much peace. I remember it all. 

And this week, should have been a continuation, another piece of the story.....a chapter to be written if you will. Tomorrow would have been epic. But that’s all for another day, in another year. 

And, I am not saddened by that....I mean I am pissed that I don’t get to finally see The Pixies and Pearl Jam in Hyde Park....but I will I’m sure/I hope. But I’m not morose. Because I got what I wanted, when I wanted it. I got the understanding.

We are souls that give everything in the moment, we have a divine and unique sense of each other (I’m not calling it anything else). I understand, in part because of that night, and that’s all that counts. 

I get it. Thank you. 

Aunty Rosie......if you know, you know. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...