Monday 1 January 2018

And breathe

I said goodbye to 2017 with a shot of plum sake. I said hello to 2017 with a martini. Seems fitting.

Within the year, I also said goodbye to my Lani-mom. It was hard, it is hard. It's trite and clichéd but I really thought we would have more days/chats/visits together. I really thought she'd watch Gabi grow into a beautiful young lady. I just never thought she'd not be there for me and vice versa. I am terrible about sending cards but this year was the first year, I saw a Happy Hanukkah card and realised I didn't have to think about sending one. I miss her. I miss her so much. But I know, I really know that her life was so full of pain and that she had to say goodbye.
I also send goodbye to apathy - this one wasn't as hard. I said goodbye to biting my tongue quite as hard and my voice found it's voice. I said hello to a little more financial freedom.

2017 was good to me. I saw bands - lots of them. I got to dance like a loon with a thousand other heartbeats and grin like the Cheshire Cat. Prime Circle, AJJ, Green Day, Rancid, Sage and Nick - I got to see new music *Start Wearing Purple, wearing purple* And 2018 will be no different. Music - speaks to my soul and my soul needs to speak.
We went places - Edinburgh to the North, Swansea to the West, Ashford to the East and Brighton to the South.. the compass is covered. 2018 will require a passport at least twice.

Yes, 2018 come and get me. More laughing, more dancing, more trips in Angelo, no loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...