Tuesday 1 August 2017

Pins in the head

It's a Tuesday. The sun is shining. The birds are all a twitter. There's a soft breeze blowing and it's summertime.

And where am I? Well, I'm not outside. I'm in a place where the good, the bad and the ugly congregate. A place so cold in atmosphere, I'm wearing a jersey (outside it is 20+C). A place where I keep trying to escape and they keep dragging me back. A place no one can believe you'd want to leave. Leave? Heavens, why ever would you want to do such a thing? The thing is... I'm actually not ready for the scrap heap, I'm not ready to throw myself a retirement party. I'm not ready to say the same phrase 15 times a day, 5 days a week... that's approx 3850 times a year - give or take public holidays. I'm not ready to be bored. And I know that's what I am.

What I am ready for is to shine and sparkle and do things. Do bloody great things with my time. Do bloody great things with time.

I had another blog to write, but as so often happens, my mind pins onto something else and this has been the pin in my head for a few long weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...