Thursday 15 September 2016

If I was....

If I was a spider. I'd do things quite differently to the way the current season of beasties are playing it. 

I wouldn't terrorist my host family. Nope, no way. After all, they are the ones giving me sanctuary from the rain and the wind. I wouldn't wait until bedtime to say hello. I understand they are busy folk and need their rest. I wouldn't even say hello. 

What I would do to say thank you for their hospitality, is eat all the flies they leave for me. I'd find a hidey hole for when the lights are on....keep my distance. Once it's all dark, I'd go about my business. 

I appreciate my hosts aren't keen on cuddles, so I wouldn't snuggle up to them while they were tucked up. 

If I were a spider, I'd live a long life in this house. But I'm not. And the ones in the house, are not so considerate...they delight in terror and scare tactics. They won't last long under my roof. Eviction shall be served. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...