Wednesday 11 May 2016

Wordage!

I do like a Haiku... hadn't written any for many a moon and today I've done 5.


I remember my first one I did... English class with Mrs Levy - there was no way she was a Mrs though... she was a stern old bird, who dressed head to toe in black. Very Crow-esque (the movie, not the bird). And she had a tongue like a bee's stinger... sharp and pointy.


Age 14, I was petrified, I was convinced she would hate me - she didn't... and she bloody loved my Haiku - even if it was about a boy and I don't think she liked boys a lot. Mrs Levy - I've been lucky with my English teachers, she's up there with Mrs Shepherd - both gave me William S, love of drama and writing and words - all the words!!


I've been trying to remember that lovely first haiku - failing miserably. Here's one though:


I wrote a haiku
Levy said was FAB-U-LOUS
Haven't done one since


Not my best work, not my worst.. but the best bit about them, is that they are fun. And I'm enjoying words again.




Number 6 of the day:


Pitter Patter Rain
drops falling down, fast and hard
On the steps outside


AJG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...