Wednesday 20 April 2016

Tropical London

And it always comes back to music with me. There's a song I'm listening to at the moment...always be with you by chasing cars - maybe that's not their name. Anyway, as usual I'm getting the lyrics wrong but the way I hear it is how I'm thinking of Nhandi. I have just read the lyrics online and I'm singing it (in my head) with lyrics that never made it to the song. 
Maybe it's a love song....but then what best friendship isn't love? The video is of two girls. The only resemblance is hair colour.....but for some reason it's hitting those spots of missing her so completely. Now I don't lack people to chat to, but every time I hear or see another female say "my best girl friend", the girl child in me comes out and I pull a face internally (mostly). It's almost like jealousy. It's also annoyance. Why did my person just give up on life? Why on earth didn't she think hers was worth fighting for? 

But back to music. So much of it in my life, my memories that I make. Even if I get the lyrics oh so wrong. And I do. I'd never get sued for copyright...no artist would recognise the songs I sing as their own 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...