Wednesday 2 September 2015

Rocking with mushiness.

I don't want to be gushy and mushy but I have to get this out. TB rocks. 
And I guess this is a awwww post but it needs to be put down. 
I've written a piece but it's not ready for a blog appearance. However, as I was writing it, a few things occurred to me. 
I could not have gone to Reading with anyone else. It also occurred to me that I am all "me" at this moment in time and TB lets me be that. There are no expectations on me to be anything other than who I want to be. When I'm tired/sad/meh he gets that without me saying a word and moves me to a better place. Either with a song, a giggle or a touch. And all is right in the world. When I'm goofy, jokey, smiley and happy, he goofs along with me. That in essence, is all I need. 
I have itchy feet, sometimes I need to escape here. And he gets that and we do. He's a doer and I'm a dreamer and maybe that's why it is so nice. 
Life can't be roses and skipping through rainbows all the time and I accept that. And I accept that there will be frustrations and not always excitement. But I also accept that this thing we are doing, makes me smile inside. Hearing dreams and aspirations to make them reality, make me want to make it all right in the house and his world. 
I got an infection at Reading, it was painful and frustrating and a pain in the arse. I was frustrated with me, I was so conscious of trying not to moan and ruining everyone's weekend. And if I was annoyed with my body, I was certain  it was a pain for TB. DId he bitch? Did he shout? Hell no. He was quite possibly the most concerned and considerate person he could have been. Grateful? I am. Beyond a doubt. In that moment, I thought, you are lucky....you have a best friend, a lover, who only wants you to be you, who only wants success. 
And isn't that fortune favouring me well? 
I know this blog will be read, and I hope it will gather a smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...