Wednesday 20 May 2015

Coke and me.....

It's an automatic reaction - my addiction to Coca Cola (do I need to put a TM in there?).

I made the decision a few days ago to once again cut it out of my life. We've been here before, I know what to expect. A day of mind-searing pain and total annihilation of my head and then I'm clear and fresh.

Sunday I didn't buy any of the black liquid, neither on Monday or yesterday - in part because I still had a little droplet in the fridge. I was proud, I was impressed. I felt I could do this.

Today I nip up to the canteen for a yoghurt. I get back to my desk with a bacon baguette and a bottle of Coke. How did that happen? I don't even recall getting it out of the fridge. Such an automatic reaction.



OR: Coke is sending me subliminal messages to always have it in my life. Or maybe it's my brain saying 'Screw the withdrawal headache, get the stuff into you!' - I can imagine my brain saying that, it's forever telling me off.

Reading this back, I realise it sounds like the perfect addiction (an oxymoron if ever there was one).

I pull it closer, I throw it away, my body craves, my body cries, I go back for more.



As an aside... it tastes so good, so sweet, so cool against my throat. It's caressing every part of my mouth, it's bubbles tickling my tongue. It's bliss.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...