Monday 29 September 2014

The Opinion of Mister G Raft

I asked and I received. I've been requesting/pleading my close friend Mister G Raft to do a guest blog. He has a whole load of opinion and makes me squeal with laughter at his scathing put downs and quite often, accurate assessments of human nature. So ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the first and hopefully not the last, guest blog from Mr G Raft. 

Why I hate the word Hun. 

The word Hun is ridiculous, and to say that being called it (generally by an over-opinionated wannabe- hard body) grinds my gears would be a vast understatement!

The fact that it just oozes laziness is just one of the reasons why ....

You see, Hun is used by woman who do not have anything else to say to you or to call you: it is used a little like the word 'lad' is by folks of the older generation, describing someone insignificant, who's name you choose not to use, and who's name you do not deem worthy of using. 

Did I mention did Hun is patronising, and I am sure I am not the only male who feels this?!

The other type of woman who fits this mould is between the ages of 26 and 34  - and they may be found sparingly using this term for guys or gents (whoever they may be) as a male pet name. 

You see if a woman calls you Hun, you are just another number in her little Red book!!  There is no compassion or love behind that word, they will not use your name as you are not that close and you never will be!!  And no - she won't be inviting you out for burgers if she uses that 3 letter word.....

If there was a male equivalent of the word ( and I assure you there is). It would have to be darling. 

Female readers - do you just wanna be another 'darling' to that person?

So, in closing I've got another 3 letter word for anyone who has been enlightened by this post.... RUN!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...