Sunday 28 September 2014

Thank you to T_B

I have a thank you to say. 
Driving home last night from my parents, I was wracked with sobs. It was an emotional night seeing family not seen for years, talking about Peter.  I thought my days of car-crying were over but it appears they were just dormant. Truly, I know it's not a safe or sensible thing to do but car-crying when I'm alone is therapeutic. 
Anyway, I was sobbing so hard, I thought my brain might explode or my eyes pop out. But I had TB waiting for me at home. I had to dry my eyes and stop the heaving. 
I know I looked like a mess when I walked in, I know I was all blotchy of face and red and wet of eye. 
But he didn't say a word, he just cuddled me. 
So I say thank you for not asking if I was okay. For making me smile and laugh and squander cents in a game I know so little about (wish I knew more...is it a flaw or a trait to want to know it all before you've started?). For chewing popcorn and drinking caramel. For listening when I talk nonsense. 
There's not even a million MasterCard adverts that can put how priceless a hug is. There is no price tag on friendships and other ships (although sailing ships are different, they cost). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...