Monday 14 July 2014

Nadine Gordimer

“The truth isn't always beauty, but the hunger for it is.” 
― Nadine Gordimer

And so we learn about another icon passing on. Well maybe not an icon for everyone, but certainly a woman who gave me inspiration. Who spun words into fantastic writing. Who opened my eyes somewhat.

The first South African to win a Nobel Prize - and a woman at that.

So yes, I am saddened by her passing albeit at a grand age of 90.

I think I'll root out my copy of July's People and have a little read and remember the woman who I admired and who I wanted to grow up to be.

RIP Nadine Gordimer. And thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...