Friday 28 February 2014

To CG



Today you are 16
Legal for some
Things you mustn’t do
Today you are 16
As gorgeous as ever
As funny as people falling over are
As tall as a Neck.
I know you think I’m silly
And sometimes a twit
But always know it comes from
The best part of me
Which is love for you.

Please don’t forget
Your roots, your family,
The people who champion you most.
We might not be the ones who ‘get’ you
But we’ll be the ones who catch you.
(if you ever fall)

Please remain amazing
My Prune, my lamppost
My joy, my funny CeeGee.

Enjoy the year ahead,
So full of new things.
Enjoy making memories
And having adventures.

Laugh until you cry
Cry until you laugh
Love until you burst with joy
Live fabulously.


AJG – 27.02.14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...