Saturday 20 October 2012

it's all about the trips down Memory lane for me this week...

Well a year ago exactly, I was in Thailand. And by golly of gosh, do I wish I was back there. Not because I wish to be away from my family and friends but because, it's raining and work is sucking at the moment - I'm hoping both these things will pass soon. Actually, thinking on that. Maybe it's not Thailand I wish I was in, but Australia to give MissJ & AwesomeM some hugs after the most crappy week they've had, or Cape Town to give my Catty a big fat hug after the crappy week she's had. Seems it's the week of crappyness all around the world.

Am I going to blame the changing seasons, no I'm not. I'm going to instead not blame a single thing suffice to say, I wish I was with people who might need me. I might want to rage at the fact that I'm a rubbish saver and therefore can't find my way to my folk for weeks like that. But again, I won't.

So yes, a year ago I was in Thailand, where the sun was warming my bones and the Barcadi was warming my blood and I was warming to a good many sunsets, meeting new 'family', sinking my toes into sand as soft as silk and amazed by the scenery and the colours of that country. And pushing the boundaries of that I'd set myself. The ones where I keep things the same as it's safer that way.

In the year that has passed, I've pushed myself towards things I might (and have) failed at. Before, I just wouldn't have, because of that fear of failure. Rejection is a shitty thing. But I've proved, that in the face of much rejection, you CAN still put on your pretty shoes and dance the night away. You can create a carriage out of a pumpkin and you can still wear a smile. :D

I do that. So although I might have failed in some things - I've accomplished something very new: confidence to try it no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...