Tuesday 18 September 2012

Music

Now I've blogged a bit about music before. But it continually amazes me how a song can transport me to a mood or a place. Quite often the people who were with me, won't have realised or the song might not have even been around but it reminds me of a certain moment in time.

Our House by Madness will forever remind me of my dad. He changed the words so that it fit to our house in Port Elizabeth. Same goes for 'Don't cry for me Argentina' and pretty much anything from Chicago.

Changed the way you kissed me by Example will always remind me of my last night in Thailand. I hear that song and I'm transported to being on a beach, laughing ten to the dozen with new friends and old. And I remember as it was playing and the fire man was doing his thing, I thought to myself "I will remember this forever" and I took a little memory snapshot. So now I hear that song and I'm drenched in happiness, smiling from ear to ear and thinking of Miss J dancing on a table (much to the horror of the Asian couple trying to have a romantic meal). *snorting with giggles now*

But there's another song, a song that only came out last year but if I did the video for it, it would be back in 2001. It just fits with how that memory of watching the sunset in Cape Town felt at the time.

Songs, I love them, I flipping do. For flicking my memory switch and enabling me to laugh and cry with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...