Wednesday 7 December 2011

Music

What is it about a song that makes you go 'aaaah'? And about a tune that takes you back to a memory. Recently, a friend and I tried to compile our top 15 albums of all time. I struggled. And even now, a good month later, I'm constantly adding to it. It's the same with songs. My criteria is such: if I can listen to it over and over again without being sick of it, then it's a favourite. Mostly, they are songs that have given me awesome times. I'm hardly likely to chuck a song on the list that reminds me of puking my guts up...although strangely "She sells Sanctuary" is up there in the Top50 (along with the promise that I'll never drink Fanta Grape and beer and tequila together again). I thought if I took a song from every 2 years of my age, then I could build a nice collection. But one song, leads you to another and then another. Anyway, again I go off the point I wanted to make. Is it a solely female (read: Ali here) trait to pour over the lyrics and make them fit to your life experience?*

So then I start thinking, what would play in the montage of my life (should my life ever be a movie)? And "Where is my mind" by the Pixies just comes popping into my head. If ever there was a song that makes me want to shake my funky stuff all over a dancefloor, there's that song. And that, ladies and gentlefolk is my number 1 top song ever! Along with about 50 others of course.



 *(Recently, country and western is filling that role quite nicely..... and that's only half a joke)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...