Saturday 23 April 2011

Steps to take

This is my step, this is where I'm writing from. Not a 'naughty' step but an Ali step. This is my 'cup of coffee in the morning' step, my 'late afternoon' step, my 'reading' step. The step where I dream, I ponder, I think of all the things I want to say, need to do. The step where I gain my confidence to be who I am. And if you walked past this step, you wouldn't know it for what it was.

I've falled in love, watched my son's first haircut, laughed like an hyena, written so much and cried for hours on this step. 13 years of step-love. A hunk of concrete leading to my garden and yet it's so comfy. It's like it is my throne, all mine. And I do have other garden furniture but none so homely as my step.

2 comments:

  1. wow, and to think I have dissed this step every time I have visited, when instead, I should have given it a chance to impart it's wisdom to me. note to self - next time you visit , make friends with the step. anything this important to Ali, has to be important to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of like the idea of having a step to ponder the world from enjoy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...