Sunday 8 November 2020

It’s that time again

 It’s that time of year. And it comes around so quickly each year. 

8 years since my best friend died. And I still go to talk to her. To seek out her advice. 

This year is unusual. So much has happened, yet so much hasn’t. I always try to stay quiet(ish) on the 11...it is a day of remembrance after all. And I try to be happy and have a good giggle over our friendship and memories shared. After 8 years, I’ve gotten quite good at laughing not crying. 

I think this year will be different. I’m becoming quite grumpy as the day gets nearer and yet manic in my attempt to not be. 

I’ve shared a picture below - currently moving the house around so much gets discovered (like every letter from that first love). Now, in the memory bank, it was a bloody awesome night. But I totally forgot we took pictures. Until I found them a few weeks back. It was myself, Nhands, Mouse and a 3 year old CG. He was so clingy then. Wouldn’t leave my side. UNTIL he met Nhandi. Like he knew, as kids do, she was good and that she wouldn’t leave my side either. I know he hasn’t got many memories of that time but i do and I love that he loved her. 

So here’s a pic of two young girls, in their pajamas after laughing and eating too much. Just plain happy.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...