Saturday 27 June 2020

Couple of things

Today is day 100 of my lockdown. And I have quite a bit to show for it I think. I have added knowledge. I have had time to think, to reflect, to plan and to write. I've made a couple of new friends - which is bizarre since I haven't been out. I have been able to work from home, when I never thought that would be a possibility.

Most importantly, I've been able to face some facts, expand on my knowledge, and have the time to process all these new revelations. I have come to acknowledge how different men and women truly are.

I'm convinced I've put on weight, even though the scales tell me different. I'm rested - no longer do I have bags under my eyes from running here there and everywhere.
I knew a long time ago, that I am a fixer. I take on a person, do the maximum I can to help them on their journey and then they move on to what they want. I've finally come to terms with it. I've had the time to come to terms with it. It's not a bad thing. People get happy.

I've danced, oh how I've danced. Making my body remember moves I never thought I'd be able to do again, I'm truly a flexible being - body and soul wise. I've opened myself up to music I didn't think I'd like - I don't mind owning up to that - Falling by that Harry Styles is just beautiful (and poignant to how I feel right now).

And I've had the courage to deactivate certain parts of social media and what a relief that is. I like having information, but some of it just makes my heart sore so it's better for me that I don't have that poking around right now.

2020 might well be a write off as far as events and stuff happening goes...but in my brain, 2020 is all about me and my worth and self care. It's been all about how I can act on the lessons I learnt when I went away in 2018 & 2019, it's been about my future plans and where I want to go.

I desperately wish that in 13 days I was off to Hyde Park but that wasn't in my destiny right now. Maybe it never will be. Maybe we won't jump up and down to 'Alive' together but that's okay.

I believe there is more to write, more chapters to have. But the book is being closed for now.

My 100 days - I've done more than alright.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...