Sunday 5 April 2020

Reflection

I’m on day 16 of shielding.....I think, it might be day eleventy-hundred.

I have not worn shoes in all that time, but I’ve learnt the cha-cha.
If I remember correctly from India, week 3 was hard. I shall prepare accordingly. Difference being that I’m not currently drinking. The pox has screwed with my drinking gene. A temporary blip, I’m hoping.

A year ago, I was waking up in Pretoria and it’s hard not to reflect on how much I’ve grown in that time. I’m so much calmer and clearer on how I want to live my life.

I had some real questions answered in those four months. Questions that I knew I had to ask, but never thought I’d find the answers to.

But what do you do with that clarity? I thought I had a path, but Covid-19 has put them on the burner for now. Which is fine, it just means I have a bit of time here to perfect them. And that’s always what I’ve been after. Time. And now I have it. So will use it.

A person said to me yesterday (via video call of course), that it was amazing how I’ve come into my own. That I’ve taken my life and shaken and stirred it and grown. It’s nice someone sees that. Because a lot of time I don’t. We don’t, as a whole, give ourselves that credit.

A year ago, I was waking up in Pretoria and didn’t know how much a year would be changing everything in my life.

What a ride.

If I make it through this pandemic, I’ll do more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...