Tuesday 28 April 2020

Days of my life

I wanted to document (in my blog) about this pandemic. About how the world is in isolation etc etc. It’s kind of been done to death though. And I’m journaling, which is probably better. It’s not censored. And I can rave and rant about selfish entitled idiots and not wonder about who night read my blog. I’ve also journaled about how I’m feeling, and I’m fairly confident no one needs to read that.
Because today is not a good day for me. Today I am sad.  I cried this morning. And I’ll tell you why. On the radio this morning - no judging but I happen to like the breakfast show - Chris Evans had a guest who was talking about good office chairs. And I cried.
Yup that’s the reason. It’s probably not the deep down, inner workings of me reason, but that’s the topic that caused my eyes to leak. My good office chair is in the office. I am not in the office. I should be working from home, I have everything. Even a chair (not my chair from the office, but a new shiny one from Amazon - it might even be a great chair). But I’ve not been set up yet. I even dressed up for the call (that never came). I put on a really nice flashy and sparkly dress with a peacock headdress (which is not as big as a normal peacock). Yes, I dressed up for a PHONE call. I like to feel pretty sometimes, because recently....I have not felt ANY of the pretty. Today I didn’t dress up and the phone call still didn’t come. Go figure.
I cried because of the chair, sure, but probably also because I talk to people via my kitchen window. I wonder what my brain will look like when we come out of this. Will I have changed and be more sad inside, anxious? I’d prefer that not to be the case.

And this is the thing of Lockdown2020. One day you’re sad, crying over a good office chair and the next day you’re singing with the birds - a true song in your soul.

Tomorrow will be a soul-song day. Because I’m not a fan of the other days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...