Monday 19 August 2019

The Weekend

I've been back two weeks (and a bit) and it's really no secret that I've found it a little hard to adjust. This weekend kind of did that for me.
India was a mere 3 months... South Africa, only one month more seemed so much longer. Probably because I didn't really need to acclimatise. I just fitted in. Anyway, whatever, when I got back, it felt like everyone had new routines without me and work had changed so much, I wasn't quite sure where 'my place' was.

This is not a pity party blog..

So this weekend, I stayed out until the wee hours with my friends, I shopped and had delicious treats and had a braai/bbq with the family. A delightfully perfect weekend. And I got to bake cakes and meringues - didn't think I had missed that as much as I clearly have.

Yesterday was lovely. Dad is turning 80 tomorrow, so we decided to have a little gathering for him. Not a mega party like days of old - he's not been well so that couldn't be on the cards. Just a small gathering for a few hours in the sun with plenty boerewors and toasties. And wine....

And Friday night was lovely, because I got to laugh and drink gin with favourite friends and get home at 3am. I missed those crazy cats.

I found my space again. My house feels a bit more like home should. My new fridge is fab, my new cooker is crazy...

This weekend, I get to go to a festival - so I think normality has been kind of restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...