Saturday 26 March 2016

Two moon junction

"I don't know where I'm going, but I can't wait to get there". That's a quote from a movie that I used to have plastered all over my school bags and diaries. 
I still don't know....but I'm realising that's ok. For me it works not to have a plan. It works to be fluid. 

I've realised, as inspirational meme as it sounds, that the journey is just as important. 

Call it my resolutions for life. My life. 

Keep good people around you. 
Don't let other people's mood affect you or your actions. 

Try not to run over animals (this also includes humans, however tempted) 

Stand up for yourself, and don't waver from it. 

Equally, don't run away from yourself, that 6th sense isn't nonsense. Trust it. 

Take all the chances you have. Want to go to on a 2 hour drive? You do? Go for it. Festivals? Yucky toilets...you'll get over it. 

Not saying you love is almost as important as saying you do. It won't hurt less. 

And life doesn't have to follow what everyone else thinks is the norm. You don't have to do what society says you have to, to be the successful adult. 

So yesh, I don't know where I'm going or indeed if I'm ever going to get there, wherever 'there' might be. But I'm going to smile while I'm on my way, laugh like there really is no tomorrow. Live it a lot. 

I generally wear my heart on my sleeve, except when I don't. I suspect a tortoise comes to mind....when threatened he retreats into his hard little hat of a home. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...