Tuesday 11 November 2014

Good times...no... awesome times....

Today I went to the beach armed with two yellow roses (for friendship) and sat. I could have cried my eyes out, instead I chose to remember so many funny stories that Nhandi and I shared.

Of course, I'm still mourning her but today has been about laughing about the many crazy things we got up to. The chipped tooth from the Cinzano and that still makes me giggle. I'm not sure to this day, why we bothered to add lemonade to it AFTER we had downed half. We were sitting in a park - it wasn't classy, so why after all that, did we not just continue to drink it neat?

Her making me stand outside Bobs - no correction, her making me stand three shops down from Bob's because I looked FAR too young to be served. And then coming out screaming and launching herself at me. I screamed back and jumped out of her way. Only to be yanked back by some dude with a penknife. I had been in a world of my own (my usual place) and some homeless 'bergie' had decided that my hair would make a great carpet for his cardboard boxes. So he had been 'trimming' (or hacking) away pieces. Nhandi had seen this from inside Bobs and had come to my rescue. I rocked asymmetrical hair LONG before it was fashionable. She did stand up for me in every way. She had a stare that could make people turn to stone - I have always admired anyone who can raise just the one eyebrow - CG can... I can't.

And I could go on and I probably will at some stage. But that's how I've spent today (also sleeping, I've done that).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...