Thursday 7 August 2014

It's a farce



They say Africa time runs on slow. Clearly those people who say such things, never worked where I do. This is the place where a snail is considered the fastest land animal and a sloth is the most productive creature ever known to man.

But that’s all an aside. There are so many other analogies I could use. None of them fit for a blog of my calibre. None of them that would continue to pay my wages, until I find other employment.

And I will. It’s served it’s purpose. I don’t believe I can justify my time here anymore. Every office has it’s bureaucracies, every office has it’s time of sniping and so on. But it just seems my office is having a time of ineptitude. A really long time. And if I can see it, someone so far down the ladder, a worker bee if you will, then how can our ‘esteemed’ leaders not see this?

It says a lot about an organisation – no that’s not fair, I mean management in your area – when they try their very best to make sure you don’t progress, and if you dare to attempt to release yourself from their grubby paws, they make your life a living hell. However, should you take the piss, should you milk the system for all it’s worth – not unlike benefit fraud in my eyes – then you are rewarded. How screwed up is that? How is that inspiring?

And that’s what leaders should do – they should inspire, they should lead (it’s in the title), they should encourage. Not dismantle, not discredit, not destroy. How can my organisation get the best out of me, when I’m not getting the best out of them?

*hasten to add, not my manager but up the chain*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...