Tuesday 22 April 2014

Mean People

I was going to post a Facebook status but for some reason, posting something serious and personal on that particular platform, does not sit well with me. But here, here is okay.

Beth Ditto said "I'm a great believer in karma, and the vengeance that it serves up to those who are deliberately mean is generally enough for me".

A quote that resonates so much, and has done for quite some time.

As a rule, I don't wish ill on anyone but....with that said, I probably would get some joy in certain people getting theirs. I can admit this as I'm not perfect. ;)  And I really don't wish ill/death/pestilence on a soul but some people, some people I just wish would get a bit of their actions dealt back at them. Maybe in the hope that they would become better people but mostly, because I think they suck and I'd like to see them fall a bit.

Actually, that's not particularly true, what I'd like is for people to be held accountable for their actions. There is no joy surely in hurting people? What kind of horrible human gets joy from wounding people with their words and actions? Why would you want to. I'd rather make people smile, I really would. For one, it makes me feel better knowing that I've given just one person a giggle, a laugh and maybe a positive life experience to take away with them. So, it's almost incomprehensible that it appears there are people out there who wish to hurt others so much with their actions and/or words.

However, with one person in mind, I can vow to them this: That when Karma or whatever it is comes and teaches you a whole big fat life lesson, we will be there to pick up the pieces you leave behind and make good all the shit you've made bad. It's only a matter of time, I know this. It's only a matter of time, maybe years but you will be found out and you will lose the one thing you are trying to keep.

If writing that makes me a bad person, see above, I am not perfect. I don't claim to be. I do maintain however, that I don't hate anyone and I certainly don't wish anyone dead or anything like that. I just wish people wouldn't be so damn mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...