Thursday 18 October 2012

Bleurgh

I attended all girls schools from the age of 6 to 16 and so I think I'm kind of versed in the art of Bitchy. And can pretty much hold my own.
However, nothing on this planet can prepare anyone for working in an office which has the majority of staff as female.
Bitchy you can just about deal with - downright all out trying to pull people down is just nothing I'm used to.

If I hark back to my school days, there were cat fights and dog fights and lots of barbed comments, but the universal code was that you stood up for your school 'colleagues' outside of the playground and you didn't try your damnest to tittletale.

I can remember a headmistress trying to get me to name the trouble makers in my Maths class. The teacher was at her wits end. The Principal called us in one by one, sweet talked us by saying how brilliant we were and that it wasnt' telling tales. Not one girl in that class 'dobbed' anyone in. And believe me, there were girls in that class, I would rather cross the street than to speak with.

It appears this does not happen in the adult world - it's all 'she said this', 'she did that'.

And 'she' is pretty well damn annoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...