Thursday 12 January 2012

my day off

I proclaimed this on Tuesday: "Thursday is my day off, pretend I'm at work, for I will be doing NOTHING!".
That was my plan, phone on silent, just me and the house and some 'me' time.  Some personal space.

It's now just prior to 11am and I have sorted out the debacle at the library, awaiting a callback from another organisation (possibly more on that later), have cleared up the garden (it's nice out there) a little bit, hoovered, done some ironing, bleached the bathroom and totally left the kitchen to it's own devices. What happened to me slobbing about?

It's really nice to have a day to myself though. To just be in my own company. Is it the only child thing I wonder? That every now and again, I just 'vant to be left alone'. That I become sick and tired of people and need to recharge on my lonesome. It's not that I don't like people or being around those I like but gee, I do relish time on my own.

Now, why is it that the library has better customer service than the organisation I work for? Which I am a customer of as well. I can't name it as I might get into trouble but what I do know is, if I gave the level of customer service I get, my line manager and higher would have my guts for garters. And it's the same bloody building!! So annoying, I was told I would get a callback immediately. An hour later and I'm still waiting. That's just rubbish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...