Tuesday 15 May 2012

Bloody hell

For the love of all that is sweet and sticky... why on earth do I fiddle with things I shouldn't. For example, I had quite a lovely picture of a rose here. It fitted in well with the layout and so on. I fiddled with it and not only can I not find that rose on my pc anymore (the picture, as the actual rose is long gone into mulch), but I can't get another to fit in the bits as well. So I fiddle around some more and now other bits have disappeared. Why do I do this? I start something I have no real skill in and end up with a botched job that looks pretty crap.

I reckon I have the mind of a magpie. I see something sparkly and shiny and new and HAVE to have it. Will have no real use for it, but it must be mine.

I thought that once I had given up Coca Cola (6 weeks you know) that I would zen a bit. Be a bit less manic. Not so. And I'm pretty much caffeine free now (can't shake that morning coffee just yet) and yet I'm still scatter brained, I'm still hyper and I'm still all over the shop.

Kind of nice to know that my personality wasn't aided and abetted by Coke and that I'm just naturally upbeat and freaky in my own way. I appreciate it gets on nerves. And I have to say I am largely intolerant of people who crave being miserable. It's in that song 'you get addicted to a certain kind of sadness'. Some people just are. They like the drama that comes with being sad and unhappy and pissed off with the world. I am glad that's not me. Oh that's not to say I don't get in a funk but I'd rather be funky (the good funky, not the bad).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel sick

 There we go, I forgot what this felt like.  See I don't do holidays - not really. I've done a few but it's not really what I do...